ABBEY OF LEFFE


About

The monastery, initially founded by grant of the Count of Namur (in 1152), became an abbey in 1200 and has made shift to survive the ups and downs of eight and a half centuries of history. Rebuilt in the 17th and 18th centuries, pillaged by revolutionaries in 1794, the present buildings underwent their latest restoration in 1931 and onwards. The abbey has undergone significant alterations. Nothing but a door and some foundations remain of the church and cloister. The 18th century abbot's quarters, altered in 1747, adjoin the guest quarters which date from 1604.

Prices

Gratuité : 0 €

Timetable

Individual:

Only on request.

Information at the "Maison du Tourisme" : +32(0)82/22.28.70

Picture

Go to top

ABBEY OF LEFFE

1 Place de l'Abbaye
5500 Dinant

+32 82 22 23 77

secretariat@abbaye-de-leffe.be