RUINS OF CRÈVECOEUR


About

The castle of Crèvecoeur dates from 1320. The fortress underwent extensive alterations in the 14th and 15th centuries. The legend of the Dames de Crèvecoeur relates that, when the castle was under siege by Henri II of France, three of the officers' fiancées or wives took command of the keep to encourage the defending troops. When all resistance proved vain, the three women chose death in preference to capture, locking arms and leaping from the top of the tower.

Prices

Tarif adulte : 0 €
Tarif enfant : 0 €
Tarif groupe : 0 €
Gratuité : 0 €

Practical information

  • Services: Parking

Picture

Go to top

RUINS OF CRÈVECOEUR

Rue Cardinal Mercier
5500 Dinant

+32 82 22 36 16